- The Colonel grew up during the glory years of the cold war, and enough nuclear weapons to erase the globe. Looking back and looking ahead, one wonders if the globe is not on the brink of some sort of event that is not palatable.
- Gone in a food store lately? Vehicles are inexpensive compared to the rise in the price of food, and the usual summer rise in the price of gas. Imagine if the free flowing money that powers vehicle sales in Canada tightens up by a few increments.Which begs the question "How much iron can you move for how long?"
- What do you do with 707 HP besides bragging rights and burn outs. Agreed its affordable horsepower which is over the top.
- Shaker scoops were cool on an engine with a "wild camshaft and a lopey idle" the scoop telegraphed what was going on under the hood. You surely remember when you had to raise the idle speed to get some sort of an idle from an aggressive camshaft.
- Yes...horsepower requires gas, and generates heat, its always been a challenge to cool any engine that generates HP, especially with a blower.
- A "slush box" was a 2 speed Powerglide automatic transmission...don't go there.
- Did you know that B&M was putting a clutch in front of an Hydra Matic transmission decades ago? Interesting...you could push start a vehicle with an Hydra Matic.
Awesome photography of old race cars from the Silverstone Classic.