Pressed for time, challenged for attention in an environment flooded with content.
How do you quickly make relevant sense of all the stuff that is disseminated?
Lets take a look at some points:
- We all gravitate to content that captures our attention, or content that is relevant to our activities.
- We are all flooded by immense amounts of content, be it thoughts, opinions or data.
- We instinctively filter portions if not all of the content.
- We all know that the same news item gets repeated by a ton of platforms that are in the news business.
- All of this pedestrian content is free, and is repeated by numerous platforms.
How do you connect dots to arrive at a meaningful perspective?
- Its a real challenge.
- Its time consuming.
- It requires a profound understanding and a deep knowledge base.
- It requires the ability to quickly uncover specific points (dots).
- It requires the prescience to connect seemingly unrelated dots.
Once you have connected dots and have a perspective!
- Go out and do it, usually its the stuff you read about, that someone connected dots and did it.
- Yes...most folks will not understand, even the ones in the same business as you.
- Obvious that when they don't understand is when you have a serious advantage.
- Yes...they might even think that you are a s#$t disturber...its all cool do it.