Its the usual Caffe Latte and Biscotti, ahead is a long week end, finally some warm weather, and to our surprise The Colonel just appeared....he seems in fine form. Come in...make yourself comfortable.
You may have missed that GM reported a profit for the first quarter of the year, on their way to an IPO to refund the money they borrowed. Whatever happened to all the shareholders of the old GM? These old shareholders are probably filed in the same folder as the old GM.
This week we are enjoying a GS450h, this car is the hidden jewel of things to come with luxury hybrids. Some cars just fly under everyone's radar screen, if it would not be a Lexus but something else most folks would be raving about this car.
You surely heard of the teen age son of the Toronto auto writer who slammed a Porsche Turbo through a garage door with fascinating graffiti on the door. We surely don't wish such events on any one, fortunately it was a minor incident and no one was hurt. Wonder what the CarProof report will say about the repaired damages on the car? In the meantime you can read Jack Baruth's thoughts on the incident.
The Colonel has a few thoughts on what some manufacturers are doing:
- A few days ago I saw a video from local media talking about convertibles, with cars from 35K to 200K; this video is done in a back lot somewhere with garbage dumpsters in the background. Think of this for a moment...a dealer needs "imaged" premises....need I say more!
- We all know that controversy or shock and awe generate additional eyeballs, and comments. Guess what would happen to the porter at any dealership that would slam a car though a garage door. We all know the answer don't we...!!!
- The one that really gets me, is the "reviewer" doing a review of a 30K vehicle, then a 40K vehicle, then a 70K, or even 100K + with the same mindset. At some point its going to "bite" manufacturers especially the ones with higher priced products.
- With everyone in the Social Autosphere competing with everyone else for eyeballs, and considerations from the various manufacturers. Its turning into a sizable ball of grey....yes I better stop now!!!
- One more...there is coverage, exposure, and quality coverage accompanied by quality exposure, perhaps manufacturers should start understanding the difference.
You may have missed our review of the cube...its here. Interesting that when a car captures your attention even a year later it still a cool car.
Did you miss it? Some of our documents are published on Scribd and slideshare including the "quick overview" of our reviews. We feel that it facilitates the "transport" of information. Obvious that...if you have suggestions please let us know.
The TTXGP had their first race at Infineon last week end, the Zero Agni won the race, yes the same folks that build the Zero electric motorcycle.
Enjoy an extensive photo gallery of the Mille Miglia...yes the one that starts and ends in Brescia.
This morning we have The Colonel again, lately its either feast of famine getting The Colonel to express his thoughts.
Here he is commenting on the Monaco F1 race.
I have not watched an entire F1 race in years, I simply lose interest. For some reason Sunday morning I started watching the Monaco race, and watched till the end. Truly a test of intellectual endurance (lasting the entire race).
The following are some of my thoughts and observations in no particular order. I invite you to share yours by leaving a comment.
- It was satisfying to watch Alonso in the early stages of the race get aggressive to make his way up the back markers.
- For McLaren to leave one of the duct/radiator covered on Button's car...brilliant.
- Wondering when the race would turn into the usual F1 parade.
- Interesting to see the announcers attempting to verbally create a race.
- Is F1 learning from NASCAR with yellows and the safety car?
- Was it a loose manhole cover, or tightening the race?
- Totally cool to see Barichello not get hurt, and toss out the steering wheel.
- Did most of the spectator stands look half full?
- Once the pecking order was established the F1 parade was officially on.
- Did you get the feeling that "something" is brewing at MBGP?
- Yes Monaco is a tight street circuit, not easy to pass...especially when there is no desire to pass.
- What was the Schumacher "thing" in trying to pass Alonso on the last lap?
- At least there was a big trophy for Webber, he won in case you did not know.