Now that everyone has mentioned, and elaborated on the top 10 of anything, and everything of the past year, and decade. Yes...we agree that we should take some time to reflect on the past, learn from the past, and do a better job with the future.
Are we seeking to know what is the new normal for 2010, or what will be the new normal for 2010? Better yet when will we stop talking about the past as being normal, and the future as trying to catch up to the past?
Think about this...the future trying to catch up to the past!
If we are all reset, and faced a New Reality last year, what is the New Normal for 2010, and beyond? Better yet will there be such a thing as a new normal?
Pertaining to the auto industry what are/will be some New Normal?
- Increasing product parity among most manufacturers.
- CSM (Citizen Main Street) demanding reliable, cost effective, good value, inexpensive, "vehicles" to commute from A to B.
- CSM seeking a "comprehensive mobility package" from manufacturers/dealers.
- Styling inexorably becoming an "acquisition" factor in the choice of model/manufacturer.
- Will multichannel vehicle retailing become normal, and expected?
- Are we still going to hear about the "watershed" sales number of 2007 in the US and 2008 in Canada?
- Will the new normal for Social Media become Social Networking?
- Will last year's tidal wave of automotive pundits endure as the new normal? Or will there be casualties this coming year?
- Will "disruption" continue to provide a competitive advantage in the market?
- Will we make an effort to have a "better world", especially that we can all easily interconnect.
We can keep on going for a long time, we are sure that you understand our thought vectors in discovering the "new normal".
Take a look at: 12 Resolutions on how to be a Mensch...its cool...Click Here.