The car performed well all winter long, starting during the coldest days, getting stuck in snow once when the traction control tells the rear wheels to stop turning, and not many road trips this year. Basically a quiet winter.
What developed this winter.
- A slight exhaust leak on the left side, a clamp unfastened and developed a minor exhaust leak and rattle.
- The rear suspension started leaking air, with the rear of the car occasionally lowering itself.
- The front suspension developed more noises that either a suspension arm or ball joint is worn out.
- The SBC issue we covered in our last update (scroll down).
- The brakes have a slight pulsation which is tolerable.
- We endured the winter tires till last week, the car was parked all over the GTA for extended periods.
- The rust blob on the right quarter has increased in size.
Not so bad for an almost 13 year old car experiencing a another winter.
What service/maintenance was done by our friendly mechanic?
- Oil and filter change.
- Exhaust leak repaired.
- One ball joint in front suspension replaced.
- Rear suspension not touched its relatively expensive the install new redesigned shocks.
- Summer tires and wheels finally installed by the Strada pit crew as usual.
- The car has 165,000 kms still a way to go to reach 200K
Not bad so far this year, compared to last year when Walter was very needy with all sorts of items, getting stuck and flat bedded at the most inopportune times.
Agreed...Walter needs to spend a few hours at the Strada Spa for its annual treatment.